Here is a blog to keep family and friends up to date on our various comings and goings. Check back weekly for updates, and feel free to leave comments!

Thursday, April 03, 2008

May the Schwartz Be With You

For those of you who do not know...my husband is a complete, total, utter, unquestionable, self-professed Star Wars nerd. He has seen Star Wars (Episode IV: A New Hope) over 300 times, he incessantly quotes the movies, our dog's name was Yoda, and I secretly think that he married me solely because my brother is (honestly) named after Luke Skywalker.

Anyway, after buying our new house, we thought it would be sweet to buy each other house warming gifts. Joe is buying me a set of All Clad pots/pans. Joe opted for something a bit less practical. Keep in mind that we already own THREE authentic autographed lightsabers PLUS an autographed thermal detonator, not to mention several framed posters. Now we are the "proud" owners of not one but TWO autographed life size Star Wars helmets. Darth Vader and Boba Fett. And I'll bet he'll want the Stormtrooper helmet for Christmas.

So what should have been a happy moment for Joe trying on the Darth Vader helmet only had me thinking of one thing...Rick Moranis from Spaceballs. The helmet is comically big on Joe as you can see in the picture. Joe says "at least it looks slimming". I was not able to convince him to take a picture with the Boba Fett helmet on as well.


The only way that he would allow for me to post the above picture is if I posed as well. Joe understands the grief that he will get from putting his picture on the blog. (P.S. for Curt: these pictures are not authorized for duplication under "all night call" penalty for ALL residents).

3 Comments:

Blogger Nicola said...

How about if I say "no comment" in your comments section? ;-)

8:51 AM

 
Blogger Nicola said...

Seriously, you need to put up a new post, just a cute photo of Ethan or something. Every time we check in, we're confronted with Joe's white hairy arms and the Darth Vader mask! Though it does still make me laugh. Every time.

11:20 AM

 
Blogger Nicola said...

PS -- not to say that Joe's arms are abnormally hairy or anything. He's a man! The white part though, well, after this winter it was inevitable. Unless you spent three weeks in sunny San Diego :-)

11:21 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home